Livingston Academy, building a LEGACY of EXCELLENCE one student at a time.
Livingston Academy Code of Conduct
In achieving our mission, we believe a few basic guidelines that, if followed, help insure the excellence of each student.
Each student should:
- Attend school every day.
- Be punctual and prepared for each class.
- Participate in class activities.
- Treat others with respect and dignity.
- Accept responsibility for yourself and your actions.
- Obey the rules/regulations of Livingston Academy and Overton County Schools.
- Get involved in co-curricular activities and events.
- All students at LA are expected to conduct themselves appropriately at all times. They should behave and dress in such a manner that positively reflects their school, home, and community. In accordance with Tennessee State law 49-6-4103, corporal punishment may be used as a means of discipline.
Annual Notice of Nondiscrimination
Livingston Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its program or activities. Livingston Academy offers classes in many career and technical education programs under its open admissions policy. Specifically, Livingston Academy offers admissions based on selective criteria in programs like, Work Based Learning and FCCLA through a separate application process that is nondiscriminatory. For more information about the application process, and particular course offerings, contact the guidance office at 931-823-5911. Lack of English language proficiency will not be a barrier to admission and participation in career and technical education programs. The following people have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies:
Dr. Mark Winningham, Superintendent of Schools, 931-823-1287